Latest Worldwide Proxies as of May 26, 2013:
1564858 HTTP proxies
380891 SOCKS proxies
Updated Every 15 Mins
How to configure Socks 4/5 Proxy using WideCap Socks Client:
It is not too hard to use Socks proxy, as we like socks proxy over http proxy due to faster surfing speed as well as allowing us to use several browsers at once (Firefox, IE and Chrome). Let's start by following the easy to understand instructions on installing/configuring the WideCap Socks client.
- Download WideCap client software (FREE) from their site and then install it in your PC. (Note: Skip this step if you already did that step.)
- Right-click the mouse on WideCap icon in Windows Taskbar to open Widecap menu.
- Click on "New Proxy" under Proxies on left column.
- Enter Server:Port in textbox.
- Click "Create New..." button to enter the chain name as "My_chain", then click OK button.
- Click OK button to save Proxy.
- Click "New Rule" under "Network" on left column
- In Main tab, enter rule name: "My_rule"
- Click "Chain" tab
- Under "Proxy chain to be used, select "My_Chain", then click OK button.
- Go to Proxylist.co Member Section and download the latest SOCKS IP:Port list to your computer hard drive.
- Click on "Chains Editor" under Proxies.
- Click on "Import from file" radio button.
- Select the IP:Port Proxy List file that you downloaded from ProxyList.co member site, then click on "Try to Import" button to import the list into the Proxy window.
- Click "OK" button to save the imported proxy list to WideCap settings.
- Check all SOCKS proxies checkboxes as shown above.
- Click on My_rule then click "Edit Rule" button.
- Check both checkboxes:
1) Use next proxy in list if current is non-working.
2) Choose random proxy in each connection.
- Click OK button to save the Rule Editor settings.
- Hold down on left Mouse button on that Firefox shortcut icon, then drag it into the the "Programs" Window.
- If you like, you can drag "Chrome" or "Internet Explorer" shortcut icon into "Programs" Window.
- Click "Firefox" to highlight-select it.
- Click "Edit" icon/button under "Programs" title bar
- Under "Rule name", select "My_rule", then click OK button.
- Click OK button (under "Programs" screen), which will minimize the WinCap application to taskbar as shown below.
- Open Firefox browser, then go to AnalyzeMy.Net web site, which will display your "proxy server" IP information.
Pretty easy, isn't it?
Note: To update the Socks IP:Port proxy list, click on "Chain Editor"under "Proxies" in WideCap to re-import the proxy list (after visiting ProxyList.co Member site to download the latest proxy list first).